As we continue to watch church online this summer, recent loosened restrictions make it the perfect time to connect - in person! - in smaller groups from your homes and in the community. Here are some suggestions - we'd love to help you connect with these opportunities!
SMALL CHURCH AT HOME
- Invite a friend, neighbor, or family over to watch the Sunday service together.
- These gatherings can be at any time and the service can be watched inside or outside on a device.
- For example, families with young children might want to meet later in the day and discuss the message while the kids play.
- Be sure to clearly communicate what you’re expecting when guests come over (i.e. masks/washing hands) and give a time frame (i.e. one hour).
- Decide if food will be involved. The safest way to involve food is to have guests bring their own (i.e. donuts or brunch food).
- If you are looking for a group or looking for someone to invite over, please contact Erin.
*Please let us know when you’re meeting, you might have a surprise delivered and we would love to see a pic for our Bring Hope Facebook page!
DRINKS IN THE DRIVEWAY
- If you are comfortable having people over, invite one family, some neighbors, or church friends to fellowship in the driveway - “bring your own beverage” style. Bonus points if you mix these groups!
- Be sure to communicate what you’re expecting when guests come over (i.e. masks/washing hands) and give a time frame (i.e. one hour).
- If kids are coming, supply chalk and bubbles and let them chalk up the driveway with art!
- As with “Small Church @ Home,” if this sounds fun but you are not able to host or would like suggestions on who you could invite, contact Erin.
*Show use your photos!! Email them to Erin firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMER MEET UPS!
If you have any questions or would like more information on any of these opportunities, contact Director of Connections, Erin Stevens.